I like this quote: "The reason I am in a relationship is to enrich my partner's life, not for him to enrich mine." - www.bareinkslinger.com #birdtoot
FIVE RULES TO REMEMBER IN LIFE
1. Money cannot buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Challenger than on a bicycle.
2. Forgive your enemy, but remember the asshole's name.
3. If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again.
4. Many people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them.
5. Alcohol does not solve any problems, but then neither does milk.
Welcome everyone coming over from #Mashable!
Thanks @jackm for featuring Burners.social!
You know, people actually trying to make this as inclusive as possible is what makes Mastodon so amazing. I would've never thought of using these tricks to help people with low-vision or slow connections. Thanks @ghost for the hint! https://social.tchncs.de/media/YcViyGsGTjxRqdgo6_Y
Who would purposefully fly an airline where there is a "random" chance that you'd be forcefully removed by police? @United #birdtoot
'd Love to find more open-minded LGBTQ people on here but a hashtag search doesn't take me out of the federated timeline so I need boosts or recommendations. #LGBTQ
I was about to go to bed and then my roommate showed up and asked me what I've been up to. I mentioned I wanted to host a mastodon instance and he said he had a raspberry pi 2 laying around. Then I remembered that I also had a raspberry pi 2 laying around.
I have a raspberry pi 3 running Nextcloud.
I have two raspberry pi 1s currently running nothing.
I also have an unused Pine64 and an unused raspberry pi 0.
I suddenly don't have enough SD cards or ethernet ports for all my devices