Notre Dame 🔥 Show more
While yes, the loss of artwork and architecture in the fire is a tragidy, I have to admit that the most painful thing for me right now is the thought that out there somewhere is someone or a small group of people, responsible for accidentally setting the church on fire, blaming themselves for possibly years to come 😔
So my RSS feed now dumps the entire blog post into the <description> tag which, not sure that's desirable? So far all readers I tried seem to cut off the description past a certain length anyway.
I'm not sure if anyone would actually be opposed to go to my website to read the article in the end but there you go 🤷♀️
I wrote a smol post on why Rust allocations aren't as bad as you might think they are: https://spacekookie.de/blog/allocations-are-good-actually/
White people trying to weaponize our instances against us because we don't suffer through their bullshit is pretty much what they did with FB, Birdland, etc. They are bringing those behaviors with them, but claiming they want a SAFER interwebs.
It really, really bothers a lot of white people, white men in particular, that we can choose to just not deal with incessant non-sense.
It's interesting how PROGRESSIVE white folks go straight Klansmen when you set a hard boundary. Ha, they HATE it.
autism awareness, autism acceptance, anti-autism (boost with CW) Show more
From @maples in https://preciouslittle.life/@maples/101855105375425273
hey, its autism awareness day! here are some things you need to know about it:
- awareness doesn't mean acceptance
- many people are aware of autism and refuse to acknowledge us as equal people
- the wear blue campaign is headed by a charity that sees autistic people as a burden
- don't celebrate autism awareness day
- instead celebrate autism acceptance day and wear red https://www.autismacceptancemonth.com
We are shipping the ability to disable comments on your pixelfed posts.
We want to make some things clear:
- Due to the nature of ActivityPub, remote instances will still be able to comment on posts. They will be rejected for posts with comments disabled
- You will not receive any reply notifications on a post with comments disabled
- You can re-enable or disable comments at any time
- We will be adding more comment moderation tools in the near future!