There’s been a total containment breach
friendly reminder that Activity Pub (the protocol that lets your posts and instance federate with other instances) is not a secure method of communication. please don't use the fediverse for mission critical communications, organizing actions, or sharing personally identifying information. that's just not what AP was designed for.
PSA: if you need secure communications, use something with end to end encryption.
Dear people from Mastodon, here some thoughts on how to be more inclusive and less ableist on this beautiful platform:
1) Refrain from using ableist language. Don't know what that means? You can start with this article: https://www.autistichoya.com/p/ableist-words-and-terms-to-avoid.html
2) Always write image descriptions.
3) Consider not boosting images without descriptions or boosting them and adding a description.
4) Use CWs. Learn what "sensitive content" may mean to different people.
5) Listen, be open to critique, learn.
The next livestream will be Saturday 9th March at 21:00 GMT!
(13:00 US Western, 16:00 US Eastern, 22:00 CET, Sun 08:00 East Australia)
I plan on doing random symbols and objects I need in order to make a working font! (I might also show off some font building stuff)
A friend shared with me a video with a live performance of three songs by Madredeus, a Portuguese folk music band (not Fado).
I find these songs among the best I've heard in this genre.