Tested some high power (3W, 10W) LED RGB "dots". They are really nice, already the 3W one at 5V is super strong. For #Tumulus project, though, we finally settled on a WS2811 strip that will be cut into 1m pieces. WS2811 is super-easy to run from a raspi.
Working on a DSL for #SoundProcesses/Mellite to create embedded user interfaces, using purely declarative / functional API. Next step will be coupling to expressions from outer workspace, adding specific widgets like PathField, so I should be able to represent FScape v1 modules within Mellite, and we're going to use this for processing in the Mäanderungen generator...
The example shows a simple expression coupling `slE.enabled = !cb.selected`; looks imperative, but RHS is `Not(Selected(cb))`.
Our studio #Reagenz is finally represented by a proper sign.
Yesterday we installed second part of Nayari Castillo's public art work 'Die Waffen nieder' at bus station of Feldbach - a poetry machine with 8 rows of square bars, allowing visitors to compose 65536 poems, with verses by Jacqueline Goldberg (translated to German). The first part consists of the phrase 'Die Waffen nieder' (down with weapons) on top of the station building, written by Bertha von Suttner, Austrian peace activist and first female receiver of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Nice opening at #xCoAx ; 'Körper α' we already knew, 'Körper β' is new to us; it still feels a bit unfinished, I guess we'll give it another iteration at some point. The two also correspond well together in the same space. I made some snaps from the rest of the exhibition, will post soon.
Aprpos the side no one will see or hear... so I took my backup harddrive (like I did before) and collected sound files from the past ten years, and those sometimes were collected from the previous ten years, and even as pure resonances, I can identify some pieces. This is a characteristic sound from "Dream" of the "Manga" project anno 2002…
After a week of extraordinary sun, #Bergen is back to the weather we've been warned of :-O Still having lots of fun, today is last workshop day.
Yesterday I was sceptic whether moving my experimentation from IntelliJ into a Mellite, which meant restructuring lots of glue code and introducing many constraints, was good idea. Now that everything indeed runs in Mellite (I have simple view wrapper for Sphere GNG, as shown in screen shot), I am confident it was the right decision. I can now tweak parameters while installation is running.
SphereGNG working finally after lots of bug chasing 😑
Fiddling around with the monitor mount; I would improve the construction if I did the mold again, but for now it should be "ok". Just have to find a good way to hide two corners of the frame. (Video image is from other project, just for testing).
Sound Artist, Composer, Researcher
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!