I'm Andrew a 24 year old mega nerd.
Beyond that I am also:
- A professional helper person working at #linode.
- Fanatical about #nixos, #nix and all things #linux
- A #vim enthusiast
- Passionate about #python, #haskell, #programming in general
- Often found rolling dice and playing some sort of #RPG
- Hopelessly addicted to #anime
I don't usually social media but here goes nothing!
i'm probably not the right person to talk about it, since reading isn't something i've ever personally struggled with, but i think the trepidation many people have about the act of reading comes down to a combination of
(1) self-demoralising (it's hard, it's boring, i've poor attention span, i'm not smart enough for this, where by the time you're actually set up to read you've already convinced yourself you're not going to be able to)
Zoom admits they will lick any boot that comes along.
The 8-hour workday is highly profitable, not because of the amount of work people get done in this time, but because it makes for such a purchase-happy public. Keeping free time scarce means people pay a lot more for convenience, gratification, and any other relief they can buy.
A Nix terminology primer by a newcomer
(submitted by signa11)
Chilling at #fosscon
Muffins are pretty good
There is now also #AuroraStore:
Daily reminder you can bypass Google Play store by using the Yalp app from @fdroidorg
aptoide is pretty good too @Aptoide
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!