📌 my interaction policies
• Follow requests are good, but I won’t accept those coming from accounts without avatar or bio, from free speech absolutists, from techbros, etc.
• To keep my TL tidy, I don’t follow people back automatically, sorry.
• I try to check people’s bios and pinned toots before sending follow requests; apologies if I miss them.
• I block concern trolls and sea lions on sight, no second chance given.
• Black lives matter, trans & non-binary rights are human rights, aphobia is a real thing, sex work is work. If you disagree, go away.
I'm on Mastodon since April 2017. Some sensitive topics I talk about (always with CWs) are mental health and Italian politics.
⭐ My more laid-back account is @miramarco, you can hit me up there!
reminder that it's the first friday of the month tomorrow which means it's bandcamp friday - 100% of the money spent on bandcamp all day goes to the artist/label
so why not go ahead and support some black musicians https://blackbandcamp.info/#/
My mirrors for Neil Cicieraga's Mouth Dreams. Download and enjoy!
All the icons under a creative commons license (patreon link but public post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/one-little-day-38689311
There are only 4 new pictures, pardon.
Also I dunno, should I make a small set with the dog?
reading "Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race" by Reni Eddo-Lodge and got to this quote from MLK
i'm pretty certain this has been posted before but regardless it bears repeating and, if you're white like me, deep thought and consideration about how this applies, has applied, and what to do so it no longer applies
Every text message exists in a superposition of sarcastic and earnest
I feel like I want to write something for Ace Week, which is coming up in less than a month. I want to see the flow of words being poured from my brain to the screen to express the thoughts I’ve been having for a while – months and years – but Mastodon threads are bulky and easy to miss, I’m not sure what other platform to use, and I don’t know if I have the spare time to set up a personal blog. I will find something, but I don’t know what right now.
(This is not a request for advice.)
Instance block recommendation
* Admin is a Holocaust denier who likes posting Hitler memes and anti-Semitic tropes.
* Admin also trolls the Fediblock hashtag with his .
* Instance federates with all the usual freeze peach suspects.
* Instance name appears to be intended to either mock or cause confusion with one that's actually good.
The main purpose I’ve been using IFTTT for is to save my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify to a giant list of music I might like. I see that Zapier can do the same, so I might migrate for good
I guess IFTTT is imploding after their decision to make their old users choose between staying on a degraded free plan, or start paying $24/year to keep the applets they’ve created in the last years. Lots of people are leaving the service.
I have already archived all my applets but three (the maximum number allowed by their free plan), and now I can’t archive one of the remaining because an unexplained error is raised, lol
uspol, Sri Lanka; societal collapse; Medium link
“I lived through the end of a civil war — I moved back to Sri Lanka in my twenties, just as the ceasefire fell apart. Do you know what it was like for me? Quite normal. I went to work, I went out, I dated. This is what Americans don’t understand. They’re waiting to get personally punched in the face while ash falls from the sky. That’s not how it happens.”
30 y.o. • he/him •
lives in Milan, Italy • #nobot
feel free to send a follow request
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!