I've got two turntables... Show more
In case I need to scavenge the one for parts for the other one.
Left France not-so-paradox :
- left don't want to be employed because it's stealing their work
- ... but employment and company's contributions it's what making the current social system working
- not much left like the idea of independent single-person companies (aka no regular income, much less protection, still having a boss since clients have 3842 others to buy from), being pushed a lot by gov since decades now
- left want more employment (since it's the only making people more safe)
People will argue that using DMs on here is unsafe because the admins of servers can view it. Arguably, you should use DMs for no more than you should be using them on any platform that doesn't encrypt them end to end, like Twitter.
It's about assessing your own operational security risk. Use DMs like private messages on Slack or a forum. Use Signal or another encrypted messenger if privacy is highly important.
So i sent a bug report  a few days ago about this i915drm panic on #OpenBSD but was fairly clueless about the ddb output to provide.
Following @brynet advice on another distantly related issue, I have now what you can see here with the latest snapshot.
If you have in mind more infos I could add, let me know :)
Enabled the new style notifications on #Iridium (chrome://flags/#enable-message-center-new-style-notification).
It's not very readable, and i prefer the classic one ;)
[fr] Bonsoir à toutes.
Nous tenons à vous informer que nous venons de suspendre l’instance
waifu.social Cette communauté a été créée par et pour les membres de JVC,
connus pour lancer des campagnes de harcèlement.
[en] Good evening everyone.
We wanted to inform you that we just suspended waifu.social. This community
was created by and for JVC's members. JVC is the French equivalent of 4chan
and its member are well known for their hatred and for launching harassment
french edgy teenagers Show more
basically, on twitter:
- mastodon has no rules let's all go there
- fuck they do we'll conquer it who do they think they are
- fuck they banned me again mastodon will be dead in a week
you can taste the salt and it's delicious
best toot yet literally goes like "shit we went there to shit on lgbt people and they're the admins" and it's so funny
For years I run firewalls using #OpenBSD pf(4). Today I've configured iptables on a Linux system:
- all packets are accepted by default
- install additional software to store firewall rules
- install additional software to get something like tables in pf(4)
- write some of the scripts yourself to get the rules stored and loaded automatically during shutdown / boot
What a crap!
Thanks to the people who recommended #newsboat as a RSS reader around here, it's a fine piece of software
Happy Birthday, Debian. 🎂 🎉 🎈
25 years old.
Ian Murdock announced #Debian on August 16th 1993. The first release, 0.01, was made the next month, on September 15th.
Congratulations & thanks to the Debian volunteers, past and present, for making it such a fantastic distro. Here's to the next 25 years.