TODO: things to defeat in hand-to-hand combat
1. [_] The real numbers -- pending other engagements
2. [x] Classical logic, LEM
3. [~] Set theory -- turned out to be a case of mistaken identity, see (2)
4. [x] John Major -- apparently some British politician? Defeated in any case
5. [~] Cubical type theory -- another case of mistaken identity, see (6), (7)
6. [_] The univalence principle
7. [_] Category theory
@geet if jfk hadn't been such a liberal, he could have simply obliterated the shooters with a sniper rifle
1: "We need another word for 'function'"
2: "Idk, just like, fuck it up or whatever"
Where do these names come from even
At least when space scientists get it wrong it's like "there's no noticeable change, we just classified it as not a planet and now everyone's upset"
In math a "functional" is just a higher order function
It also took me forever to realize that "functional programming" and the "functionals" of math were related, so take this with a grain of salt
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!