How to study Japanese:
1. sign up for a Japanese course at uni
2. obtain a PDF of the textbook
3. find out that you can only see the first page, because under sway 1.0-alpha.6, mupdf doesn't react to any keypresses, so you have no way to switch to the next page
4. find out mupdf still uses X11
5. find out that the bug is related to WM_HINTS
6. learn a bit how WM_HINTS work
7. write a fix, submit a pull request
8. It's merged. It's 1 AM.
It's been fun, but I really need sleep now.
Sway & wlroots at XDC 2018
Met up with the wlroots and KDE folks, and we head to the bar to grab beers. I shake hands with whoever happens to be there and introduce myself - the response is "oh, you're the 'fuck you nvidia' guy". Their badges read "NVIDIA"
sway 1.0-alpha.6 is now available:
Maintaining a userspace application which correctly speaks to DRM/KMS/GBM is a freaking huge task. Anyone who thinks they can make a wayland compositor without wlroots is nuts. Thankfully I don't think anyone is trying to anymore...
logind is awesome. Working on this commit would have been a living hell without it:
Fucking gouv.fr why you do this?
Getting started with qemu
Been rewriting the builds.sr.ht job runner in Go, and so far it's going really well.