https://whoami.filippo.io/ , the SSH server that knows who you are, got some newly refreshed intel! Try it out!
I love the mastodon image captioning feature because there are a lot of good uses even for sighted users
- when federation / the other instance / your router fails & the image won't load
- explaining visual jokes while "keeping the medium intact"
- naming a visual symbol you /think/ people will know about but maybe not, so they can look it up & read more about it
- noting 'what to look for' when it's unclear
- translating an image in another language while still letting it speak for itself
Well this is legally interesting. These folks just generated every 12 (or less) note single octave melody that could ever exist and recorded it to a physical medium, meeting the legal requirements to have copyrighted a song.
Basically, they just copyrighted literally every copyrightable melody... And released it to the public domain.
Did you read the one about the USB-C Charger chip that is easily as powerful as the Apollo Guidance Computer? 'cause apparently, that's a thing. https://forrestheller.com/Apollo-11-Computer-vs-USB-C-chargers.html
fun linguistics fact: the phoneme /ɲ/, in spanish developed from the latin double n, and that's what the letter used to spell it, ñ, comes from: a scribal abbreviation where the second n was placed above the first, and then gradually abstracted into a squiggle. it's literally two n's in a trenchcoat and i think that's beautiful
working with computers is cool because sometimes you come into work and things that were fine yesterday are suddenly broken despite no one having touched them
Lad o' pairts. Big Data geek/consultant. Free Software literally lets me make a living, so obviously a fan. #mefite
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!