the earth is fucked because none of us are immune from the wastefulness of our society and to fix it would require an enormous overhaul of our social structural incentives Show more
The terrible power of plastic is that it quickly becomes useless but never goes away https://boingboing.net/2018/01/11/the-terrible-power-of-plastic.html
do you have magical trevors in your house?
👀 Ⓜ️ ! sorry
acoustic side channel attacks Show more
Most of the acoustic cryptanalysis attacks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_cryptanalysis I've seen involve having a microphone nearby someone's computer. Some of them are severe, and even can read encryption keys off the CPU: https://www.pcworld.com/article/2082200/listen-up-rsa-keys-snatched-by-recording-cpu-sounds-with-a-phone.html
But lots of programs can get access to the microphone relatively easily. It should be easy as a process using a computer's own microphone to do these attacks too, right?
having spent a lot of time in non-python and coming back to it I'm feeling very aware of how terrifying locals/globals scoping is
chiptune recommendations Show more
@cstanhope if you like Da Chip, may I also recommend:
- Chips, Dips, and Facerips http://www.8bitpeoples.com/products/520414-sievert-chips-dips-and-facerips
- My Girl the Princess http://www.8bitpeoples.com/products/520163-rugar-my-girl-the-princess
- Disassembly Language https://8bitweapon.bandcamp.com/album/disassembly-language-ambient-music-for-deprogramming-vol-1
- Play It https://savestates.bandcamp.com/album/play-it-cc-by
- YMCK's album "Family Racing"
poll: are you drinking ~tea
Da Chip is a really good album to hack to (chiptune remixes of Daft Punk)
The 2D platformer is looking pretty okay already!
Rendered using GLES2 (or in this case: GLES2 compatible desktop GL 2.1).
The editor is still looking weird since materials aren't implemented yet, but that's how you know it's WIP 😋 https://mastodon.gamedev.place/media/CYsGaAWSmyZDauGSsuU