@keverets I just checked and it's not as expensive as I thought it was, but definitely a lot more than if I just bought another used thinkpad. the big question is: can I use a laptop that doesn't have the little nub mouse? the touch pad looks nice but it's still a touch pad.
- works amazingly as a laptop-on-the-go
- works with guixsd out of the box
- only one external monitor at a time (fixed? dunno)
- full disk decryption seems slow from GRUB... but it's also slow from my thinkpad, so
- But sometimes it just wouldn't decrypt/boot!
- Worst problem is it froze up once a day, compounding other issue
But Ricardo doesn't have these problems, and I never sent it in :\
@dthompson @keverets I actually found I didn't miss those as much as I thought! It really doesn't take too long to plug in a few cables if you add cable mounts to your desk. Use the binder clip trick: https://lifehacker.com/attach-cables-to-the-edge-of-your-desk-with-binder-clip-1346783211
Plus, less overheating-on-the-dock scenarios :P
@dthompson @keverets about multiple external monitors, looks like the best chance of finding a solution is here: https://forums.puri.sm/t/please-recommend-a-port-replicator-docking-station/1115/15
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!