death mention Show more
TFW you look up Head Cleaner death/grind on Google and comes back with an add for a company called "Aftermath" that has the tagline "Compassionate, Professional & Discreet in Clawson".
I really wonder what Google thinks I'm going to do with this information.
E3 Synopsis Show more
* A licensed curling game with all of your favorite curling athletes
* 12 versions of "the most amazing game ever" that still looks like Doom in a forest.
* 23 promises about working with their partners
* 3 updates to classic games in which the only tangible benefit to the update is adding loading times
* A complete lack of institutional knowledge that they did the same shit in the previos 5 years of E3 and will continue for the foreseeable future.
E3 Synopsis Show more
* NVidia announcing another $1K video card that will only be available to people who can pay with bitcoin.
* A sequel to that game you like that adds one interesting mechanic and strips out everything you loved about the game
* A VR game that looks amazing but is so difficult that you gain achievements for picking up your in-world car keys
* A commitment from to replace all loot boxes with licensed replicas of real-world slot machines.
E3 Synopsis Show more
I haven't seen anything of E3 but here's my synopsis:
* An update to that series you like that is old enough to drink
* A mobile version of that series you like that you never thought would need a mobile version
* A quirky game that sounds like someone literally took bingo-balls with topics written on them and combined them together
* Nintendo announcing a game based off of a mascot that was literally part of an arcade title
* Atari being vague about the Ataribox.
This toot is an ad Show more
I wanted to let you know that you're awesome and wonderful and that your brand is being amazing.
No More Manifests by Freaky Mind
abuse, dysfunctional, music Show more
Apparently I'd forgotten how amazing this album is:
Peripeteia by Anagnorisis
"Peripeteia is an honest and passionate autobiography of vocalist—and now protagonist—Zachary Kerr. The themes in Peripeteia have no apparent beginning or end as the record is composed to infinitely loop, repeating the dramatic emotions we all encounter in our own lives."
I'm glad to re-acquaint myself with it.
As a corporation, Microsoft will out-live all of us. Same for Google and Apple. Free software is an inter-generational effort. We don't know what proprietary software companies will do beyond our lifetimes, so we need to do our best to care for free software in our lifetime. Same goes for a lot of other, similar efforts.
How you know you've married right:
@saganfan starts blaring Rush's Clockwork Angels to combat the neighbors bad music.
Bullshit Jobs book Show more
Reading through "Bullshit Jobs" by David Graeber and realizing that unless we change things dramatically we're going to continue to live in this world where even meaningless work is somehow worthy of reward rather than more long-term thinking pursuits.
(a legendary) LINUX game porter Ryan "Icculus" Gordon is looking for new games to bring!
He recently posted a new update on Patreon and this bit caught GamingOnLinux eye:
"I need more games to port. I have a bunch of maybes floating out there, but pretty soon I'm going to need definite yeses to work on. If you know someone in need, send them my way please."
His site: icculus.org/~icculus/
#Icculus #RyanGordon #GOL #gaming #porting #AAA #Linux #GamingOnLinux
I think I have the first draft of my slides for the Mastodon and the Federated Web presentation. Need to give it a day to rest so I can look at it fresh.
And then to present it on Tuesday at #mug.
Hope to see you there, either in person or online:
Learn more at http://mug.org
(And yes, this will be streamed)
...that one is usefully employed, but at the same time, is keenly aware one is not usefully employed, would have devastating effects. It’s not just an assault on the person’s sense of self-importance but also a direct attack on the very foundations of the sense that one even is a self. A human being unable to have a meaningful impact on the world ceases to exist. - D. Graeber, Bullshit Jobs
brands, consumerism, animated gif Show more
Brands: Hey, we hear you like a thing!!!!
e3 Show more
Wake me when they release a new AAA game for the Vectrex.💤
Octodon is a nice general purpose instance. more