It is now illegal in Pennsylvania to donate a book to someone incarcerated.
Instead, books must be purchased as ebooks through prison profiteer GTL or ordered through the DOC
This is an attack on gift economies and free speech/culture while expanding the surveillance capitalist, carceral state.
Code of conduct Show more
For quite a few years, I was a member of a hackerspace in DC.
In 2012 or 2013, we voted to institute a code of conduct. It passed handily, 2/3 to 1/3.
That last third pitched a fit in the meeting, resigned, threw their keys on the table, and walked out. That was maybe 30 people
The rest of us threw a party after the door slammed.
the secret strat for having the optimal masto experience Show more
- start on a big-ass instance
- make friends
- worry that the timelines are scrolling much too fast and/or are filling with more and more junk
- make an instance or pay a nice man in Portugal to make one for you
- follow all your friends back
- boost and fave the musings of strangers
- make new friends
- tell each other good morning and good night as if the home timeline is a communal kitchen
- be vulnerable
- be friendly
- be warm
- a microSD card weighs somewhere around 0.4g
- the highest capacity microSD that's easily available is 256GB
- a trebuchet can throw a 90kg projectile over 300m
90kg worth of microSD cards is 225,000 of them
Therefore a trebuchet can throw 57.6PB of data over 300m
This would have the highest throughput of any telecommunications network ever created
PSA, Exploitation Show more
Just a friendly reminder: The easiest and most accessible form of class struggle is to be as unproductive at work as you can without getting fired. It requires no organization or resources, can be carried out by both individuals and groups, and can greatly improve your morale.
So strike a blow for the working class and goof off at work!