The Windows Experience:

I was using the OS normally when suddenly everything stopped working and the screen went black but clearly the computer was running. Absolutely no way of going back.

I’m baffled.

Follow

The more time goes on and the more I’m convinced that computers don’t actually work and that we’re lucky 95% of the time and the remaining 5% is divided between critical failures and random shit like this.

@Eramdam just think about how computers are, at its core, just sand that we basically got to be smart.

@Eramdam well, it makes you appreciate it more!

but in general, Windows is somewhat of a special feat. Something that manages to run without specific vendor-lock on most systems, that's probably a lot of spaghetti to handle

and for the few times it really messes up, it probably still does a lot.

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Octodon

The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!