So, I'm at a point where:
- I can list all my MPD database in one go
- I can list tracks from albums and play them directly
- I had a little bit of fun with the UI
Now I need/want:
- figure out a "now playing" thing at the top
- find how to virtualize the list of covers (urgh)
@Eramdam lazy-load images for the first "scroll-through" to save resources on initial load and use an Intersection Observer to only render actual content in/around the viewport and replace the rest with size-holding placeholders!
@pixel I’ll try that 🤔
@pixel so I tried that and:
- having 1k+ observers kills everything (duh)
- reusing the same observer when the targets and the root aren’t in the same react component is another can of worms x_x
@Eramdam Isn’t this something that can be solved with the new loading=lazy attributes for images?
@GeoffreyFrogeye That's available on like...Chrome and that's it for now and that's not really an option :P
@Eramdam Oh, I remembered this being added to Firefox recently but they really have no plan towards that. Well, too bad :/
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!